The Sports Nutrition Care Manual (SNCM) contains research-based nutrition information written by authors who are Board Certified as Specialists in Sports Dietetics (CSSDs) from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. SNCM is purchased by annual subscription and gives you online access to evidence- and knowledge-based nutrition information that keeps you current and compliant. View the 2015 SNCM update summary and a walkthrough of the SNCM.
Features of the SNCM
- Research-based nutrition information written by authors who are Board Certified as Specialists in Sports Dietetics (CSSDs).
- Can be used alone or as a companion to the Academy’s Sports Nutrition: A Practice Manual for Professionals, 5th edition, authored by the Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN) dietetic practice group.
- Printable client education handouts and meal plans.
- Calculators for BMI, energy expenditure, sweat rate, lean body mass, and healthy body weight.
- Online customization tools, including highlighting, email a page, and other useful functions.
- Useful links to the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) website, including information on becoming a CSSD.
- Links to the SCAN website.
Outline of the SNCM
The following topics are available within the main SNCM section:
- Athletes with an Impairment
- Eating Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Issues
- Rehabilitation from Injury or Surgery in Athletes
- Vegetarian Athletes
- Weight Management
- Energy Systems
- Energy Metabolism Overview
- Substrate Utilization
- Energy Metabolism in Sport
- Nutrition-Related Fatigue in Sport
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- Estimation of Energy Requirements
- Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE)
- Sweat Rate Calculation Method
- Skinfold Thickness Test
- Girth Measurements
Nutrition Care for Athletes
- Nutrition Assessment
- A-Es of Sports Nutrition Assessment
- Nutrition Diagnosis
- Nutrition Intervention
- Nutrition Prescription
- Nutrition Therapy Efficacy
- Nutrition Monitoring and Evaluation
- Nutrition Care FAQs
Nutrition FAQs for Clients
- Fueling Sport
- Health Concerns/Conditions
- Lifecycle Issues
- Vitamins and Minerals
The Client Ed/Diets section contains materials for the following topics:
- Iron Deficiency in Athletes
- Endurance Athletes
- Older Adult Athletes
- Rehabilitation from Injury or Surgery
- SCAN Nutrition Fact Sheets
- Sport-Specific Fueling Strategies
- Strength Athletes
- Team Sport Athletes
- Type 2 Diabetes and Sport
- Weight Gain for Athletes
- Weight Loss for Athletes
The following topics are available within Resources:
- Board Certified as Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD)
- Dietary Supplement Evaulation
- Nutrition and Athletic Performance Evidence Analysis Library Project
- Nutrition Care Process
- Professional Resources
- Sports Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN)
- USOC Sports Dietetics Assessment Form
- Web Resources