The Sports Nutrition Care Manual (SNCM) contains research-based nutrition information written by authors who are Board Certified as Specialists in Sports Dietetics (CSSDs) from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. SNCM is purchased by annual subscription and gives you online access to evidence- and knowledge-based nutrition information that keeps you current and compliant, in addition to many other features useful to your practice.
The annual update to the SNCM was published on December 29, 2016. A summary of the updates is given below.
- New SCAN Nutrition Factsheets (29 PDFs now included in SNCM)
- New Bariatric Athletes Client Education
- Updated sections include recommendations from the Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Dietitians of Canada, and the American College of Sports Medicine: Nutrition and Athletic Performance (2016)
- Aging Athletes
- Athlete Guidelines
- Eating Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Issues
- Rehabilitation from Injury
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Client education materials updated to include current recommendations for carbohydrate, protein, and fat intake for athletes per 2016 position paper